Thursday, August 12, 2010

Blessings | Ky family photographer

This is the sweet, and seriously cute, Merrick family. I had the privilege of getting to meet and photograph them after we were paired together through Littlest Hero's. Boy was it hot the day of our session!

They have three beautiful daughters. The oldest M was a great little helper giving me all kinds of awesome suggestions for pictures. ;) O. had so many adorable facial expressions, and I think I caught about 10 different expressions on camera! Both girls were a absolute delight to work with!

Miss Gabby, their youngest daughter, is their Littlest Hero. Gabby was born with Down Syndrome and Av canal defect. After open heart surgery at 4 months old, little Gabby had some complications and, her parents and sisters had to say goodbye to her. Gabby loved to smile, hold her toys, listen to her sisters sing, and take naps with the cats who would curl up on the bed next to her.

Mom wants you to know that Down Syndrome is not the scary thing that people think it is. A little paragraph from Mom's blog speaks it best....

"The phone rang and I heard the words, "Your baby has Down syndrome." Life changed. At first, I thought it was changing for the worse. Now, I know what a blessing those words were. I will FOREVER be the mother of a child with Down syndrome, and I believe that is a blessing. "

I agree. I never even meet Gabby and she has been a blessing to me as well.

Thank you Merrick family for sharing all 3 of your beautiful daughters with me!






































Miss Gabby.











































At the end of our session the girls released 1 purple balloon to Miss Gabby. I won't lie, I had a few tears as we all watched the balloon float out of sight.



















































14 comments:

April said...

Wow, these photos are so touching! I am sorry to hear of their loss of their youngest daughter. All of these photos are beautiful!

Bri said...

These images are so touching Katie, You captured beautiful memories for this family and I'm sure they'll treasure these forever.

Tracy said...

Beautiful family! I love how Gabby was included - she will surely be forever remembered by those who loved her!

Nicki B said...

Beautiful session. Brought tears to my eyes.

Cindy said...

Such an emotional session! The girls are so pretty! Love the teddy bear one.

Debbie said...

I'm at a loss for words. Very touching.

Rebekah Stanfill said...

precious images. i'm sure they will always treasure these.

Krysia Photography said...

These are really really beautiful. What a gorgeous family and such a touching story. You captured everything perfectly.

Vickie said...

Oh my goodness...this story is so touching. I got goosebumps with the balloon shots at the end. I love how they included her. What a sweet family.

Jaidean said...

wow - so touching! Beautiful images!

Shey said...

So beautiful. What a lovely family with such beautiful daughters...such a touching story too. Sweet Gabby will live on in the lives of her sisters. Amazing.

Unknown said...

Oh wow, Katie! These photos are beautiful and I am shedding a tear myself as I read about Miss Gabby and her family.

Clarice said...

These are really touching images. Beautiful family.

Tori Piercy said...

Lots of tears! Wow, what a heartwrenching story :( It is so great to honor Gabby like this! These are so beautfiful Katie Lou! I can only imagine how much the family treasures these!

My heart goes out to this family!