Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dance baby dance! {Stanford Ky photographer}

I made a slide show for Steppin' Out Dance studio, and it was shown before the girls spring recital. Basically I went in one afternoon and took some shots of the girls as they practiced. Want to challenge yourself as a photographer? Give this a try!

The dance studio is very nice, but pretty small, especially considering I was working with a 50mm lens and there was not much natural light. So, making the best of a not so ideal situation, (lighting wise) I used what natural light I had, and bounced my flash for the rest.



I will say I really enjoyed the experience of getting to photograph so many darling little girls, and some very talented older girls! It took me a back a couple (cough) years to hang out with the groups of older teens and listen to their chit chat! I also enjoyed my little peak behind the scenes of what goes on at practices, and this was what I tried to capture for the slide show, the things we as parents, don't really get to see! Not portraits, but just this little moment in the lives of our girls!

So I have decided to share just a couple pictures from the slide show, and of course one, never before seen, studio picture of my own little ballerina. Go ahead, tell me she's cute! :) Enjoy!




























10 comments:

Cindy said...

Love the pointe shot!

Elle said...

So sweet!

kellie said...

lovely!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos!

Jaidean said...

So fun! Great pictures!

Clarice said...

Very nice shots!

casandra heeren said...

beautiful captures!!!

Sophie Crew Photography said...

So sweet! Love these ballerina shots!

mandy said...

These are so artistic and beautiful. Just darling!

Leanne said...

Lovely work, those girls look like they LOVE to dance!