Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Lilly's 2nd modeling gig

Using Lilly as our model (which she loves) I have done a couple shoots for Handmaidens Cottage. She makes the cutest things, and we love her little girls' dresses and skirts. Lilly loved this dress so much that when it arrived in the mail she immediately had to put it on. Then I had to wrestle her out of it, and explain that, "No, you can not wear the pretty dress to bed even if you are a princess..."

The couple of shoots I have done for Handmaidens Cottage have been so fun for me! I kind of get to step back a little bit and focus on photographing the clothes instead of the person. I get to challenge myself, trying to decide which hairstyle will showcase each dress/skirt the best, what background compliments the product.

As far as the poses go, Lilly is truly a little model. She requires little, if any, direction from me. She just does her thing, which is sometimes funny, but usually produces great results.

Drop by this sellers Etsy store to check out her rockin' products! Tell her Katie Lou sent ya! www.etsy.com/shop/HandmaidensCottage





8 comments:

Amber Carroll said...

So pretty! I love the first one. Beautiful dress, beautiful girl, beautiful photon! ++

jennifer adams said...

What a beautiful model, and that dress is gorgeous!!

Zoe Berkovic said...

Love her dress and hair!

Katherine said...

Very beautiful!! You captured the dress wonderfully and your model is fabulous!

Katherine said...

I can see why she didn't want to take off the dress! It's beautiful (and a beautiful little girl to match!)!

Jen said...

So cute! Your daughter makes a beautiful model, and the dress is adorable!

Unknown said...

Beautiful dress! Your photos show it off perfectly. The hair, background, poses, everything! Awesome job!

Melanie Newsom said...

Beautiful! I love the comp in #2!